1. The first step is to download the full version of Perl to utilize foomatic. The full version is located here. Unpack it with "tar -xvzf perl*.gz" Then install the package with "sh perl*.sh"
2. Download the cups-install.tar.gz file, which is located here.
3. Open a console terminal and change folders to the folder where you downloaded the file.
4. Untar the cups-install.tar.gz with "tar -xvzf cups-install.tar.gz".
This tar file includes the scripts to install cups. ESP Ghostscript and
the hpijs driver.
5. From the console execute "sh cups-install.sh"
6. If your print drivers require ESP Ghost script, execute ""sh espgs-install.sh". (the hpijs driver needs it).
7. The Officejet 6210 needs the hpijs driver, so install it with " "sh hpijs-install.sh".
8. Gimp-print is needed. Get it by using wget from Slackware;
Make sure that the package is in the main folder of Puppy. Extract it with "tar -xvzf gimp-print*.gz"
When extracted, it will create an install directory. Run "sh /install/doinst.sh"
This is an important point. CUPS installs a script in /etc/rc.d/rc.local, called modprobe printer. Change that line to modprobe usblp
9. Reboot the system. this assures that CUPS is restarted with the usblp module loaded.
10. You now have a full CUPS installation and can use the web interface of Cups. Open SeaMonkey and set the URL to http://localhost:631/
Once in the CUPS administration interface, choose manage
printers. Add a new printer. name it whatever you want. You do
not need to set a port location right now. Click continue to go
on. at the next screen use the device dropdown box and look for
your printer on USB1 and select it. Continue on to choosing your
printer. I chose the closest match, the Officejet 6200. Finish the
Now, go back to the Manage your Printer tab and choose to set the
printer as default. Test your printer set-up by printing a test page.